Migrating to Rails 2.x

I was using a old version of Rails that came along with Instant Rails. Migration was simple..

  • Updated the version of RAILS_GEM_VERSION in environment.rb to 2.0.2
  • Created a dummy project using the new version of rails and copied secret key for the session data integrity.
  • Ran the rake test available at Rails 2.0 upgrade notes to find deprecations.
  • Installed the auto_complete plugin I did not face issue with regard to session authentication ...
  • Sporadically I was facing issue with Cookies. So moved to db based sessions. There is rake task to create tables ('rake db:sessions:create')andin environment.rb uncomment session store.
  • Commented confg.breakpoint_server. Information is available at code snippets
As I had very little code there was any deprecated method and migration was easy. I am yet to move to new naming convention for rhtml and rjs files.

0 Comments: