Google Gadgets for your web page

Google is allowing google gadgets to be added to web pages. Some time back I found it but then when I went through the google home page there were options to add to the home page only. But then some how found the link again. Though there is huge number of gadgets(at the time of blogging there were 4682) to be I found very few interesting. One of them was the Custom RSS This allows a list to be displayed based on rss feed. What I have done is used the rss feed from Google Blog search for the key word blogging tools and displaying it.
Other widget/gadget I found interesting was the picasa web album widget which displays random photos from your album.
There are lot widgets/gadgets in different categories from news, tools, communication to technology. There are many games as well. But all of them require script to be added to the web page.
Only drawback I found was customization of gadgets is cumbersome compared to other widget libraries. For example only color that can be chosen is the border color for the rest you need to give hexa decimal values. There is more needs to be done in the gadget customization.
The different part is you can leave comments for the developer of the widget and contact too! I am not sure if other widget libraries allow this.

0 Comments: