Adding links to similar content

Criteo has ended the beta for Autoroll widget and open for everybody. You can add a list of blogs on similar topics ! I added this to my blog and found that the blogs listed had very similar content.

Here are other ways to
The Good Blogs - Provides a widget for adding list of posts. The posts are from other registered members. Note that autoroll just provides a list of blogs not the posts. I have been using this widget for quite sometime, though I am not sure about the relevance of the content, I get quite good number hits from the good blogs.

Criteo Autoroll - Here a list of relevant blogs is shown and again blogs are selected from other listed members. If Criteo can show the blogs, can't it show the links to posts. I feel this will generate more interests among the readers that just display of blog names.

In the above case I wonder if these tools consider the search queries that led to the blog, if that is considered the content might be really what users are searching for.I have put both of these widgets side by side so that content can be compared. Both of the above provide stats as well. I guess there are too many providing the site stats ?

Google Reader - If you are using google reader shared, starred or simply new posts from blogs you read can be displayed listed. Though I find it interesting hardly people click on the widgets I am showing. May be placement is wrong ?

And then there is good old way of doing it using Blog Roll where you maintain a list of blogs and that is displayed on your blog.

0 Comments: