Blogger widgets wish list

I wish if blogger could provide following widgets for adding to blog.

1. Previous and Next post links - Though there are couple of hacks available they are very much dependent upon blogging frequency ? Its not straight forward. Setup archive etc etc. I checked the GData API's and found that data returned by blogger is not in any order and the entry ids looked like random numbers so I suppose based on time the blog post need to be searched and displayed.
Here is one of the hacks from freshblog Blog navigator next and previous links

2. Related articles - I see lot of people using it and wordpress has plugin for this.
Hoctro's place has a hack available

3. Ability to add trackbacks - For the time being I am using haloscan which provides real easy way of doing it. Download the template from blogger upload to haloscan, get the modified template and post it to blogger. But you will have to use haloscan for managing comments as well. Many people used to suggest haloscan as if you were move away from blogger, comments will still show up in the new blog through haloscan. With blogger allowing redirection to custom domains, it may not be good idea to have posts at one place and comments at another place.

4. Recent Comments widget - Though I do not have comments now, I am optimistic that this blog will have some discussion at some point of time :). I checked the haloscan already provides this widget.
freshblog lists 4 hacks available under this category !

0 Comments: